„Hospital at home” in the field of chronic wound management during the COVID-19 pandemic in Romania and Moldova
Implementing period: July – December 2020
Budget: 39’982 EUR
Applicant: Caritas Alba Iulia
Implementing partner: CASMED NGO
Donor: Central European Initiative
The main objectives of the project are the transfer of know-how in the field of modern wound management, elaboration and distribution of informative materials and treatment of patients with wounds at home in Romania and Moldova during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The main activities of the project are:
- Purchase of sterile dressings, solutions and ointments for modern wound treatment;
- Treatment of patients with chronic wounds at home using modern treatment methods;
- Sharing experience between the experts in wound treatment from Caritas Alba Iulia and CASMED NGO;
- Transfer of knowledge and support in developing competences in the field of modern wound treatment from the Caritas Alba Iulia experts to their colleagues from CASMED NGO;
- Developing of informative materials in the field of modern wound treatment (a video tutorial and a guidebook) and their distribution to medical assistants and wound care experts from Moldova and Romania.